we’d love for you to join us
Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Who We Are
KN Literary Arts (KNLA) is a mission-driven, woman-owned and led company focused on helping both aspiring and well-established authors get their transformational wisdom, stories and thought leadership into book form. As an author services provider, we help magnify positive change in the world around us through the medium of books.
KNLA offers personalized editorial experiences with a deep emphasis on relationship building, quality work, and author satisfaction. Our team gets straight to the heart of our projects in order to understand each of our clients’ needs, dreams and challenges so we can better support them in achieving their goals. Each author we work with is interviewed then expertly matched to a professional editor, writer, or coach who is there to assist during their writing and publishing journey. Whether they go through traditional publishing or use our own self-publishing services, we regularly hear that our authors feel genuinely well-cared for throughout their entire process.
Sales Account Manager
We’re Looking For a Sales Account Manager
Are you a sales professional who practices honesty over hype? Do you balance service and sales, while also maintaining a bias for action? If you answered yes to these questions, our business is growing and we’d love for you to apply to our full-time Sales Account Manager position.
In this role you’ll apply your 2 to 4 minimum years of sales experience, preferably in the publishing and/or bookselling industry, taking inbound calls from pre-qualified leads and educating prospective clients who are looking to hire KNLA to help bring their book or writing project to life. You’ll also develop new leads and opportunities through your own direct-to-client relationships and outreach.
Key Job Responsibilities & Success Metrics Include (But Not Limited To):
- After your onboarding period you’ll host an average of 25 booked discovery calls per week, where you will use KNLA sales processes to explain our services and packages, educating clients and assessing their goals in order to expertly guide them toward the right level of support needed.
- Achieve minimum monthly sales targets by converting qualified incoming leads and opportunities through to contracted projects.
- Identify and nurture clients at the beginning of their customer journey, offering the right services that will help get them to the finish line on existing projects, and smoothly transitioning them to future projects, as needed or desired.
- Use lead magnets to create new authentic relationships with potential clients; promote the company and our services to existing KNLA authors.
- Consistently deliver a high level of sales and customer service to our clients.
- Be a kind and knowledgeable partner by articulating client needs and preferences during project kickoff meetings and client handoffs.
- Extend the KNLA brand by making every sales conversation a positive and helpful interaction – even if they don’t choose our services.
- Use Sales CRM tools to track all leads, important account information and sales progress, prioritizing client communication to forecast and achieve sales goals.
- Attend weekly meetings, trainings, and company events (e.g., virtual trade shows, client webinars and seminars) as needed.
- 2+ years of sales experience or training, and/or consulting experience
- 2+ years of work experience in the publishing industry, and/or media industry
- Experience closing sales that generate revenue against established sales targets
- Residency in the continental United States, with the ability to establish weekly office hours Monday through Friday (with some flexibility)
- Dedicated and professional-looking office with access to reliable high-speed internet; personal computer with high-quality webcam and microphone; up to date and reliable smartphone; ability and willingness to call and text clients using your personal equipment
- Ability to quickly learn and understand multiple software programs and applications
- 4+ years relevant experience in a client or author-facing role, including but not limited to publishing, writing, agency, media and/or consulting experience
- Adept and confident in solving challenges across a range of clients
- Excellent organizational, relationship-building, and written and verbal communication skills; great at setting expectations internally with the team and externally with clients
- Proven track record of prospecting leads and delivering results (including achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets) that significantly contribute to company growth
- Candidate is a lifelong learner who takes ownership and responsibility for their work; deep interest in areas of personal growth, transformation and leadership
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven company culture
- Good work for grateful clients
- A compensation package that includes an uncapped commission plan based on tiered revenue targets and commissions with a $2,500 monthly draw against commissions*, two (2) weeks of paid vacation, ten (10) paid holidays, variable paid time off for end of year office closures, healthcare and retirement account
- Flexible weekday schedule in a virtual work environment
- Employment Status: W2 Employment Status
KNLA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. KNLA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email [email protected].
We invite all qualified and interested candidates to apply here.
*There is a commission cap of $1,250 per project; total combined commission potential is unlimited once minimum monthly thresholds have been met.
If you’d like to join our team as a contract writer or editor, please apply here.