Order The Book You Were Born to Write & Get Instant Access to Kelly’s Workshop
The Organized Author:
Overcome Overwhelm and Finish Your Book
Have you always known you had a book in you?
Have you been trying for months (or even years) to get your wisdom onto the page?
– Gabrielle Bernstein, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Universe Has Your Back
- How the book business works today—and how you can break into it
- Whether to start with a full manuscript or a book proposal
- Which book you should write first
- Whether you have what traditional publishers are looking for
- The benefits of self-publishing—and how to do it
- The meaning of the term “author platform” and its role in today’s publishing world
You’ll learn the secrets to staying clear and focused on the book journey, including:
- How to structure your content—even if you don’t know where to start
- How to create a schedule that gets you writing regularly and efficiently
- How to plan your platform-building efforts so you’re reaching readers without stress or overwhelm
Kelly started her career working in the editorial divisions at HarperCollins, Penguin, and Hyperion Books. In 2006 she became V.P., Associate Publisher at Sounds True, a multimedia spirituality publishing company in Boulder, CO. There she had the great fortune to edit books by Adyashanti, Sharon Salzberg, Cyndi Dale, Krishna Das and many others.
Since starting kn literary arts, she has been honored to edit a wide variety of transformational nonfiction books, including Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton; Jump…and Your Life Will Appear, Worthy, and The New Relationship Blueprint by Nancy Levin; and New York Times bestsellers The Tapping Solution by Nick Ortner and Pussy: A Reclamation by Regena Thomashauer.
- What the book industry looks like today, and how you can break into it
Chapter 2: Get Clear on Your Motivation
- How to set the right intention for your book, one that will carry you all the way through to the finish line
Chapter 3: Craft Your Hook
- The most important thing you can do to keep yourself focused and make sure you end up with a saleable book
Chapter 4: Build Your Outline
- How to choose a powerful book structure that will keep you on track as you write
And that’s just the first third of the book!