Over the past two decades the doorway to traditional publishing has gotten more and more narrow, and the barrier to entry has gotten higher and higher. What’s an aspiring author to do?
Enter your knight in shining armor: self-publishing. Did you know that 76% of the books published each year are self-published? The DIY route has improved so much in the past 10 years. It’s gone from being the 2nd choice to being the tip-top first choice for many, many authors!
The benefits of self-publishing include:
- Faster turnaround time! You can turn a manuscript into a book in 3-4 months instead of 12-18 months with a traditional house
- Total control! Did you know that traditional houses will contractually require final say over your title, cover and content?
- You keep all the profits! If you publish via traditional houses, you’ll likely receive an average of 10% of the cover price per copy sold, not to mention owing 15% of all your proceeds to your literary agent
Self-publishing is starting to sound better and better, no?
In the video below, I give you a solid overview of what it means to self-publish, including:
- The major innovation that put self-publishing within easy reach of every author–including you!
- How to make the self-publishing process as uncomplicated as possible
- Answers to the most common questions I get about self-publishing
It’s truly never been easier (or less expensive) to self-publish your book. Watch the video to get all the details!
And hey! If you’d like to find out more about our new KN Literary Self-Publishing Concierge services, we would love to chat with you. You can fill out our questionnaire at www.knliterary.com/schedule and hop on the phone with one of our friendly editorial matchmakers for a no-obligation convo at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you!
Love + Books,