If you’re like just about any first-time author I meet, once you finally have your book in the world all you want to do is get the word out.
You want to sell out every copy printed. You want it to influence every human being on the planet.
So it makes me laugh when I hear the same refrain from so many of you. Said refrain being: But…do I really HAVE to build a website?!
Ah, the hilarious intersection between “author” and “technophobe”! I know it well.
So do you really need an author website? The short answer is, um, yeah. You do. But it doesn’t have to be terrible, I promise!
In this video you’ll learn:
- The best way to get the word out about your book
- Which type of website will help you reach your professional goals (business website vs. author website)
- How to build your site with little to no prior technical knowledge (not to mention easily and affordably)
- The #1 most important thing you must have on your homepage
- Plus, I share 3 bonus tips on how to pick your perfect url
I hope you’ll join me for this video even though it requires you to operate technology… just briefly 😉
Kelly Notaras is the founder of kn literary arts and the author of THE BOOK YOU WERE BORN TO WRITE: Everything You Need to (Finally) Get Your Wisdom Onto the Page and Into the World, published by Hay House. An editor for 20 years, she’s worked at HarperCollins, Penguin, Hyperion and Sounds True. She speaks regularly at the Hay House Writer’s Workshops and offers consultation by appointment. Find out more about how she can help you with your book.